Book Character Pumpkin Contest!
4th Annual Pumpkin Contest!
October 9-23, 2019
Sequoyah Media Center
Book character pumpkin contest details:
- We invite all grades and teachers to decorate a pumpkin like their favorite book character. It’s easy and fun for the whole family!
- Drop off pumpkins with entry forms during regular hours no later than Wednesday, October 23. Entry forms are in the media center on the circulation desk.
- Judging in the library will take place Thursday, October 24 by the administrators, cafeteria staff, and counselors of Sequoyah Middle School. Winners will be announced thefollowing day.
- Pumpkins MUST BE PICKED UP by Wednesday, October 30th or they will be discarded.
- NO CARVED PUMPKINS! Carved pumpkins rot, attract bugs, and smell. Carved pumpkins will not be entered into the contest.
- Pumpkins should represent a favorite book character.
- Let your creativity soar! Pumpkins are to be painted or colored with markers–acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Watercolors tend to run. Yarn, construction paper, pipe cleaners, etc. may be used to decorate the pumpkin; paste or glue may also be used.
- Do not write your name anywhere on the pumpkin. We will take your pumpkin and give you an entry form when you drop it off, and it will be assigned a number.
- Pumpkins will be judged by our administration staff, and cafeteria staff according to the following categories:
-Most Creative/Artistic, -Most funny, -Most Cute, &- Most accurate book character
Winners will receive a gift certificate to the scholastic book fair in November!