Books, Books, and more Books!
Check out the Sequoyah 2017 Masterlist and Website here:
- The Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- El Deafo by Cece Bell
- Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
- Girl on a Wire by Gwenda Bond
- There Will Be Bears by Ryan Gebhart
- Treaties, Trenches, Mud, and Blood by Nathan Hale
- The Secret Hum of a Daisy by Tracy Holczer
- Stitching Snow by R. C. Lewis
- Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan
- Gracefully Grayson by Ami Polonsky
- Jackaby by William Ritter
- Saving Lucas Biggs by Marisa de los Santos and David Teague
- Port Chicago 50: Disaster, Mutiny, and the Fight for Civil Rights by Steve Sheinkin
- A Time to Dance by Padma Venkatraman
Don’t foget these books can be found on the Sequoyah book shelf by Mrs. Adler’s desk and in front of the computer lab. Also, if you can’t find a book you are interested in, you can put it on hold to get the book faster.
Thursday, March 9 – English teachers will send students to the library voting booths to make their selection for the Sequoyah Award Winner. Sequoyah winner will be announced Friday, March 10. Oklahoma Sequoyah Award Winner will be announced in April! VOTE!
Mrs. Adler’s 2016 Reading List!
Monthly Teacher Picks Display
Every month we feature 6 new teachers. Find out what they are reading and check out their favorite books!